Why Volunteer?OIM runs in large part due to its volunteers. We have services throughout the week and only 6 full-time staff. But with over one hundred trained volunteers, we are able to offer a high quality of service to the street-engaged community. Our volunteers often tell us that they first get involved at OIM to help others. As much as this is true, they are often surprised at the countless number of ways in which they themselves feel blessed when they serve. When you become an OIM volunteer, you become a blessing and you yourself feel blessed! Our street community will show you a new perspective, touch your heart in numerous ways and leave a lasting impact on you -- we speak from experience! We look forward to hearing from you about what you can do to help!!
OpportunitiesOIM offers a number of volunteer opportunities.
- Street Outreach Team
- Weekly Drop-In
- Behind the Scenes (baking, picking up donations)
- Innercity Arts (youth art program)
- Special Events
Volunteer RequirementsThe following requirements are set out by OIM for all volunteers:
- Attend the Urban Intervention Training (UIT) -- offered three times a year; winter, spring and fall.
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form (given out after training) including a police check form
- Upon completion of the above requirements, a final interview will determine suitability for volunteering
Interested in learning more about volunteering? Please contact Jelica through email at email@example.com or give our office a call at 613-237-6031