It is our mission to offer a safe, Christian environment in which people who are homeless and disadvantaged can share in building community to meet their spiritual, emotional, social, vocational, and physical needs
We provide services on a weekly basis that ensures continuity of care and offers the ability to respond to the ever increasing and challenging needs of the homeless community.
Our weekly Drop-In takes place just off of Bank Street.
Tuesdays, 10am to 3pm
Dominion-Chalmers United Church
355 Cooper St.
Trained volunteers help run our various services at the drop-in, these include the following:
- Self-serve breakfast and Coffee
- Hot Lunch Service
- Sandwiches and Baked Goods
- Foot Care
- Touch Care (Light relaxing massage)
- Hair Care (Currently unavailable)
- Chiropractic Care (Bi-weekly, provided by trained professional)
- Clothing Store
- Pastoral Care
- Alpha Course
- Food Bank Distribution
The following requirements are set out by OIM for all volunteer drop-in workers:
- Attend the Urban Intervention Training (UIT)
- Have experience as an volunteer through our street outreach or drop in services
- Complete a OIM Volunteer Application (receive upon completion of UIT), including a police check form
- Upon completion of the above requirements, a final interview will determine suitability for volunteering
Interested in learning more about volunteering? Please contact Jelica through email at email@example.com or give our office a call at 613-237-6031