OIM recognizes the power of prayer, as both a medium of praise and intercession. We encourage our supporters to pray daily for our ministry, and have created some helpful tools to keep you informed about our programs and prayers concerns.
OIM has a monthly prayer calendar you can suscribe to online, or, if you prefer, receive by mail. This calendar will remind you of important OIM events, and share some prayer requests from street-friends, staff and volunteers. To subscribe to our electronic prayer calendar or to receive a copy in your regular mail e-mail our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-237-6031.
Keep Us in Mind
We would ask that as you pray for your loved ones, friends and community, you keep our organization and street-friends in mind. Specifically, please remember to pray for our weekly events:
- Monday through Friday — Staff oversee the day-to-day operations of this ministry.
- Tuesday Drop-In — We see upwards of 100 individuals in need of food, clothing, toiletries and other basic provisions.
- Wednesday and Thursday Stop-In — Street friends join staff and volunteers at our office for coffee and conversation
- Wednesday and Thursday Evenings – Innercity Arts program – Youth & Young Adults (16-32) engage in artistic pursuits in a safe, supportive environment with staff & volunteer mentors.
- OIM’s Street Outreach teams that go out Monday through Sunday night — walking the streets, handing out sandwiches and connecting with people